Thursday, 15 December 2011

Update

I received my CPD 23 Things Certificate in my emails today which reminded me that I hadn't blogged for a while so here's my chance for a quick update:

  • I attended a Communities First training workshop with my colleague Esther Barrett to learn how to run a training session but also managed to pick up some useful tips on digital storytelling.
  • I've been working hard on my MCLIP portfolio but due to annual leave and sickness haven't had much of a chance to see my mentor.  I'm hoping to get a full first draft together by the end of the year.  Unfortunately my plan of having it fully completed by now has passed, I didn't realise just how much work needed to go into pulling it together, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I attended a JISC Digital Literacy workshop at Aberystwyth and have written a blog post here.
  • I completed 3 Screencasts to support my colleague Paul Richardsons' lunchtime byte session, which you can view here.
  • I attended the excellent CyMAL E-book day, I Tweeted a lot during the event and Alyson Tyler has written an excellent blog post about the day here.
  • Sadly I missed the last CDG Wales Committee meeting for the year.  With a change of job and MCLIP work I feel I've been a bit rubbish lately but hopefully when I get more settled at the start of next year I'll be able to do more.
So there we have it, a very brief and quick update of what's been going on the past few months.  Much of my reflection on these events is in blog posts written for work or through Twitter.  I think in the New Year I'll need to get myself a bot more organised so I don't forget to update this space, also there have been a  few apps I've been playing around with that I would like to write more on...it's going to be busy in 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment